Sunday, May 12, 2013

FOMO

So I started reading Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me which is absolutely hilarious. I'm only about 20 pages in and I'm dying of laughter. She discusses FOMO (fear of missing out) and other life problems she knows about first-hand. And I really think I suffer from that because i swear, if I ever hear of something going on, I want to be there, because what if I didn't go and something really thrilling happened?? I would be SO out of the loop!! Seriously though, Mindy is brilliant and her book is just one thing that shows people that. She starts it off with the best introduction that gives a very vague yet funny overview of her book and why she wrote it. And in classic Kaling style, she starts into her book talking about her being a chubby kid.

I honestly wish that I could be as funny as her, the girl has some serious confidence and it is so apparent that she really couldn't care less about whether people think she's funny or not, she thinks she is and that's all that matters...and heck, the book is a New York Times bestseller so people out there definitely think she's really funny. Idk what it is about how she writes, but it makes me think of her actually saying it out loud, like on The Mindy Project, which is also very laughable.

Don't worry though I'll keep you posted on the great advice she gives throughout her book because her words of wisdom seriously could not be more memorable.


FOMO is a serious issue though.....for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment