Friday, May 24, 2013

mindy kaling is my spirit animal



Literally I think that Mindy Kaling and I were supposed to be sisters or something or maybe she has secretly been watching me live my life (doubtful) because her book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me, was LOL funny and man, could I relate.

So on the Kindle App for iPad/iPhone, or whatever device you can highlight, and oh my gosh I highlighted so much of her book it's a little obscene.

One of my favorite parts is a chapter about her best friend relationship and it describes one of my roommates and I perfectly. Really, to the T.
Here's Mindy Kaling's outline of the basic rules for best friends she describes in more detail in the book...
1. I CAN BORROW ALL YOUR CLOTHES-THERE ARE CERTAIN RULES
2. WE SLEEP IN THE SAME BED WHEN WE GO SOMEWHERE TOGETHER
3. I MUST BE 100% HONEST ABOUT HOW YOU LOOK, BUT GENTLE
4. I CAN DITCH YOU, WITHIN REASON
5. I WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS IF YOU DIE
6. I WILL NURSE YOU BACK TO HEALTH
7. WE WILL TRADE OFF BEING SOCIAL ACTIVITIES CHAIR FOR OUTINGS
8. I WILL KEEP YOUR FAVORITE FEM. HYGIENE PRODUCT AT MY HOUSE/CONTACT SOLUTION
9. I WILL ATTEMPT TO LIKE YOUR BOYFRIEND 5 TIMES...
10. WHEN I TAKE A SHOWER AT YOUR PLACE, WONT DROP THE TOWEL ON THE FLOOR
11. IF YOU'RE DEPRESSED I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
12. IF OUR PHONE CONVO GETS DISCONNECTED, NO NEED TO CALL BACK
13. I WILL HATE AND RE-LIKE PEOPLE FOR YOU (do we like him, oh we hate him yeah we hate him)
14. ITS OKAY TO TAKE ME FOR GRANTED SOMETIMES 

and my favorite
15. NO TWO PEOPLE ARE BETTER THAN US

If you want a funny quick beach read, seriously read Mindy's book because it only took me a few nights to read and it was totally worth it. Also, reading her book made me want to completely invest in trying to watch The Office from start to finish. I've always been one of those people who can watch an episode randomly and think it's pretty funny, but I never completely understand the storyline. But now, I really want to go start it from season 1 and watch everything unfold. Plus, I can't get enough of John Krasinski *swoon* so what's the harm in watching a show with him in it???

Like I need to add any more shows to my "To-Watch" list...

No comments:

Post a Comment